Are You Tired of Winter Tomatoes Having No Flavor?



Slow Roasted Tomatoes

I make a whole pan of these and when they cool I put them in the fridge for future meals. I serve them on panini sandwiches and wraps. My husband and I also love them warmed, spread on crusty bread topped with warmed goat cheese! Soooo good!! It is our favorite snack these days. I am into goat cheese as of late! The Barefoot Contessa serves these with fresh mozzarella and basil! Yum!

Ingredients
plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeds (not cores) removed
good olive oil, plus more for drizzling
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
large garlic cloves, minced
sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.

Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with the garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Roast for 2 hours until the tomatoes are concentrated and begin to caramelize. Allow the tomatoes to cool to room temperature.

Comments