Sweet Potato Soup

This was sooooo good! Perfect for a chilly night. I changed it up a bit to suit our family and use ingredients I had on hand.


Sweet Potato Soup
from Tongue N Cheeky

6 cups water
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. salt
2 orange sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
2 white sweet potatoes, peeled & diced (I didn't have these & used all orange sweet potatoes)
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 c. sweet white corn
4 oz. green chili's
1/2 c. roasted red bell peppers, diced (I didn't roast, just tossed them in with the potatoes & onions to boil)
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream (I used milk)
3 Tbsp. turkey gravy powder (I used brown gravy powder)
Cilantro to garnish (didn't use)

Fill a large pot with water, sugar, salt, sweet potatoes and onions (and bell peppers). Boil until sweet potatoes are softened, about 20 minutes (once cooked I smashed them up a bit to make it easier for little mouths to eat). Add remaining ingredients to pot, stir well and bring just to a boil. Serve immediately, slurping all the while.

Comments

  1. This is perfect for a cold weather! Soups are generally the food that gives warmth!
    small house plans

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment