Are you sick of lemons yet?

I wanted to try something more savory using my lemons, and this fit the bill! I like a lot of sauce, so next time I might double the sauce ingredients.

Lemon Chicken
1 lemon (zest and juice)
2 TB chicken stock- I didn't use
2 TB soy sauce
1/2 TB brown sugar
1/2 TB honey
1 small chili, chopped (or 1 tsp. chili sauce)- I used red pepper flakes
1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp. ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 green onions, chopped
handful cilantro, chopped
1 TB sesame seeds, toasted

1. Mix the lemon zest, lemon juice, chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, honey, and chili in a bowl.
2. Place the chicken into mixture and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add the ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add chicken reserving the marinade. Saute the chicken until cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the reserved marinade and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 7-10 minutes.
6. Add the green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds and remove from heat. Serve with rice or noodles.

Comments