1 loaf Rhodes bread dough
1. Put frozen dough in a plastic bag. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for about 3 hours, until thawed but still cold.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Cut a piece off the end of the loaf. Roll the rest of the loaf into a baseball bat. Put it on the cookie sheet. Flatten the big end into the gator's head.
3. Make cuts down each side of the gator. Pull them out to make 4 legs.
5. With the rest of the dough, make 2 eyes and 4 feet. Cut the toes.
6. Put the eyes on top of the head. Put the feet under the legs. Clip scales on the gator using scissors.
8. Bake about 25 minutes. Take foil out of gator's mouth when it has cooled.
I didn't roll my dough out enough, hence the pug-nosed, chubby gator! He still tasted good, though. I brushed him with a beaten egg before baking so he was glossy. We served him up with sandwich fixin's and he was delish! The kids thought this was so much fun. We can't wait to try all the other ideas.