I Heart Food Storage

So, I've been trying out some recipes from a book I got from my mother-in-law. Food storage recipes usually scare me, but the one's that I've tried so far have been good- not gourmet by any means, but the kid's like them so it's worth it. Tonight I tried Turkey Pockets and Crazy Cake.

The Turkey Pockets were a big hit with the kids. Kensie ate 3 of them! I adapted the recipe a little.

Turkey Pockets
  • 1 (15 oz.) can turkey chunks (I used chicken)
  • 1 (8 oz.) package softened cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup green onions (I didn't have these so I threw in some dehydrated onion, parsley, italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper- it needed more flavor!)
  • 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 recipe of your favorite rolls, or crescent rolls (I used Rhodes rolls, thawed)
Mix turkey chunks, green onions and cream cheese together. Stretch rolls out into a flat circle & fill with some of the mixture. Fold together to make "pockets" and pinch to seal. Top with cream of chicken soup mixed with milk (I heated this up separately and put in on when the rolls were done). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Comments

  1. Chicken Pockets - mom made these all the time growing up. Add mushrooms...yum. We'd make it for YSA break the fast - call the "Pockets of Love" they were always a hit. They just smell and taste so home-y and comforting...which somehow makes up for them being made of crescent rolls and cream cheese...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment