Anyone have any good crockpot recipes? Making dinner at dinnertime is tricky these days because that's when the baby gets fussy (and the older two, come to think of it).
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
2 cups water
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon red chile paste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Bring the rice and water to boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Place green beans in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling water, and steam 10 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet, and cook the chicken 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
4. Mix the chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, chile paste, lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Mix in the green beans.
5. Serve over rice. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.